CLIF IN THE SPOTLIGHT
CLIF came along when founder Gary, was on a very long bike ride, and despite being hungry couldn’t face eating any more of the not so pleasant tasting energy bar. He then started a mission to create a nutritious energy bar, that tasted so much better than the rest. After countless hours of trying and testing different recipes, Clif Bar was created, named after Gary’s father and exercise companion, Clifford. Gary has truly put so much love and hard work into this passion project, and the results can be seen in the delicious CLIF products and their community of pro and amateur athletes who love the products.
For over 20 years they have been committed to organic ingredients and sustainable agriculture, advocating to help ensure it would one day become the norm in the food industry. Today their recipes honor sustainably grown, plant-based foods that nourish both our bodies and the outdoor places we play. Now more than ever their 5 Aspiration business model underpins everything they do: sustaining people, sustaining communities, sustaining the planet, sustaining our business, sustaining our brands.
CLIF are exercise experts who know what’s needed to fuel our bodies. They have created a great range of bars and energy gels, each range tailored to suit your needs throughout your journey from pre to post-workout.
The no.1 selling energy bar in U.K./Canada/USA original energy bar made with wholesome organic rolled oats and Rainforest Alliance Cocoa, in a huge range of flavour combinations such as White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Peanut Butter Banana with dark chocolate and Blueberry Crisp, there is a flavour to suit everyone’s tastes.
- When to eat them – CLIF bars are designed to be eaten before exercise along with water to prevent hunger and supply energy to working muscles. During prolonged exercise such as hiking or bike touring. CLIF Bars can be also be eaten during activity to help satiate hunger and meet carbohydrate demands.
- Nutrition – CLIF Bars are a source of protein and fibre with natural ingredients such as organic rolled oats, fruits and nuts. Each bar contains B6 and B12 which contribute to the normal release of energy for use in the body. With around 270 kcals, 40g carbohydrates, 10g protein per bar.
See the full range of CLIF bar products on our website.
This gluten-free, plant protein-packed bar was designed to help maintain and build muscle. It is the great-tasting bar that makes every ingredient count so you can get the most out of your workout.
- When to eat them – Eat this bar post-workout, to aid recovery and to get the most out of your workout by contributing to muscle building, or consume a couple of hours before your workout for growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
- Nutrition – Made solely with ingredients that you can recognize and taste like soy protein, rice flour, and cocoa. With an average of 280 kcal per bar, with 27g of carbohydrates and a huge 20g Protein.
See our full range of CLIF Builders reviews on our website.
These are the latest source of carbohydrates for endurance athletes. CLIF Bloks are vegan-friendly chewable cubes, making it easy to customise and track calorie and electrolyte intake during long outings and races. The bloks come in mouthwatering fruity flavours like Mountain Berry, Margarita Citrus, and Tropical Punch which are a joy to eat.
- When to eat – Half a packet of CLIF Blocks can be eaten 15 minutes prior to activity to increase blood sugar levels, followed by 1-2 packets per hour during activity to give you a boost of energy, followed by a mouthful of water.
- Nutrition – This food supplement is made with ingredients such as tapioca syrup and natural fruit flavourings. With an average of 30kcal per Blok, and 7mg of potassium. Some flavours also include 25mgs of Green Tea caffeine for an extra boost!
See our full range of CLIF Bloks reviews on our website.
These energy gels provide a source of carbohydrate that give you a much needed quick energy burst of energy. CLIF Shot has fewer ingredients than most other energy gels, which means you don’t get loaded down with contents that don’t directly enhance your performance. The Shots come in a range of five flavours, from Razz and Chocolate to the caffeine-filled Citrus or Double Espresso.
- When to eat – One CLIF Shot can be consumed 15 minutes prior to activity to increase blood sugar levels, followed by 1-2 packets per hour during activity to give you a boost of energy. If you are using a flavour with added caffeine, we recommend limiting to only 1 Shot during activity. It’s really important to follow your CLIF Shot with some water.
- Nutrition – This food supplement is made with simple ingredients such as Cane Sugar, Green Tea, Pottasium and natural flavourings. With an average of 100kcal per Shot, and 50mg of potassium. Some flavours also include around 40mgs of Green Tea caffeine for an extra boost.
See our full range of CLIF Shot reviews on our website.
We are passionate about showcasing the best in fitness through our non-biased reviews. WriteUp is an online reviewing platform for all things fitness from food, exercise classes and more. If you would like to be featured in our spotlight, let us know.